Each month in 2016, KTAR.com will feature the top 10 stories from the past month.
August’s headlines on our site were dominated by the news that Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio was being referred for criminal contempt charges. The sale of two Valley homes by a former Arizona Diamondbacks player and a current team executive were also popular, along with our ongoing coverage of the Arizona monsoon season.
- Joe Arpaio loses appeal in lawsuit over his slip-and-fall injury
- Tentative deal reached over death in Maricopa County jail run by Arpaio
- Trump may not endorse any candidate in Arizona race for Senate seat
- Attorney looks to reopen case on Phoenix mom deported last year
- Top Clicks of January 2018 on KTAR.com