PHOENIX — A passenger in an SUV was killed early Friday morning after the vehicle collided with a speeding car on a Phoenix freeway.
Authorities shut down part of Loop 202 West at 32nd Street. The deadly wreck happened around 4:30 a.m.
Arizona Department of Public Safety Capt. Damon Cecil said a passenger in the small SUV was ejected and killed when the SUV rolled over after the second car sprinted through a construction zone.
Cecil said the passenger wasn’t wearing a seat belt.
The lanes were reopened shortly before 7:30 a.m.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- MCSO investigating human remains found at Phoenix-area business
- Hawaii-bound American Airlines flight forced back to Phoenix
- Arpaio claims Justice Department meddled in 2016 campaign for sheriff
- Phoenix needs more bottled water to help battle summer heat
- $370,000 worth of meth seized in Arizona border drug busts