PHOENIX — A passenger in an SUV was killed early Friday morning after the vehicle collided with a speeding car on a Phoenix freeway.
Authorities shut down part of Loop 202 West at 32nd Street. The deadly wreck happened around 4:30 a.m.
Arizona Department of Public Safety Capt. Damon Cecil said a passenger in the small SUV was ejected and killed when the SUV rolled over after the second car sprinted through a construction zone.
Cecil said the passenger wasn’t wearing a seat belt.
The lanes were reopened shortly before 7:30 a.m.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Phoenix ranks best city in nation for fall weather, survey finds
- Arizona tourism office, Chicago Cubs team up to bring Chicagoans to Valley
- Arizona-built spacecraft to slingshot around Earth on Friday
- Arizona ranked No. 10 most diverse state in nation, study finds
- Arizona lawmakers seek solution to sewage leak in two southern cities