PHOENIX — A passenger in an SUV was killed early Friday morning after the vehicle collided with a speeding car on a Phoenix freeway.
Authorities shut down part of Loop 202 West at 32nd Street. The deadly wreck happened around 4:30 a.m.
Arizona Department of Public Safety Capt. Damon Cecil said a passenger in the small SUV was ejected and killed when the SUV rolled over after the second car sprinted through a construction zone.
Cecil said the passenger wasn’t wearing a seat belt.
The lanes were reopened shortly before 7:30 a.m.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Silver Alert issued for missing 74-year-old woman in Phoenix
- Lawmaker: Lack of regulation on Arizona tattoo industry is ‘shocking’
- Can you help me understand all the numbers on SD memory cards?
- Poll reveals support for LGBT inclusion in Arizona non-discrimination law
- Phoenix celebrates Chinese New Year with weekend-long festival