Labor Day weekend in the Valley will feature no highway construction closures.
The Arizona Department of Transportation says they will not be scheduling construction closures along state highways from Friday to Monday evening.
With that in mind, there will still be existing work-zone restrictions and lane reductions. In addition, ADOT will have what they call an “enhanced state trooper presence on highways, targeting impairment and dangerous driving behaviors.”
ADOT will also be focusing on safety in three high-traffic zones that will be receiving extra enforcement to minimize travel delays. Those locations will be the Interstate 17 between north Phoenix and Flagstaff, the Interstate 10 between Phoenix and Tucson and State Route 87 between Mesa and Payson. The additional resources will include loaders and utility trucks for quicker response times and to assist stalled vehicles in order to decrease travel delays.
- Here are the Phoenix-area freeway restrictions for Feb. 23 weekend
- Rock removal to temporarily close part of Interstate 17 north of Phoenix
- No Phoenix-area freeway closures over President’s Day weekend
- 2 wrecks on Interstate 17 in Phoenix tie up morning drive time
- Driver crashes into Phoenix house, occupants unharmed