Former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani and Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions broke out the ballcaps during their speeches at Donald Trump’s rally in Phoenix on Wednesday.
Playing off Trump’s infamous “Make America Great Again” caps he has worn out several times during his presidential campaign, the white hats read “Make Mexico Great Again Also.”
The hats debuted on a historic day for Trump’s campaign. He visited Mexico City and gave a speech alongside Mexican president Pena Nieto.
The theme there and at the Phoenix Convention Center focused on immigration.
According to Bloomberg Businessweek’s Joshua Green, Trump came up with the hat idea himself.
Here’s a close-up of the hat worn by Giuliani.
- Sen. Flake remains positive for upcoming vote on immigration reform
- Sen. Rand Paul, Dr. Kelli Ward to hold joint rally in Scottsdale
- Daughter believes Trump is finished launching attacks on McCain
- Arizona may welcome fewest number of refugees in four decades this year
- Arizona congressman pushing for release of surveillance memo