Former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani and Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions broke out the ballcaps during their speeches at Donald Trump’s rally in Phoenix on Wednesday.
Playing off Trump’s infamous “Make America Great Again” caps he has worn out several times during his presidential campaign, the white hats read “Make Mexico Great Again Also.”
The hats debuted on a historic day for Trump’s campaign. He visited Mexico City and gave a speech alongside Mexican president Pena Nieto.
The theme there and at the Phoenix Convention Center focused on immigration.
According to Bloomberg Businessweek’s Joshua Green, Trump came up with the hat idea himself.
Here’s a close-up of the hat worn by Giuliani.
- Sen. Jeff Flake’s primary challenger raised $1 million in 2017
- Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake’s vulnerability feeds GOP Senate concerns
- The Latest: Trump and GOP senator trade barbs on Twitter
- Trump reaches out to Democrats in bid for ‘great’ health law
- Experts: Joe Arpaio’s pardon not likely to be overturned