PHOENIX — Drivers in the Phoenix area should plan for several major freeway closures over the weekend, the Arizona Department of Transportation said.
• The northbound Loop 101 right merge lane on- and off-ramps between Via de Ventura and 90th Street will be closed from 4 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday for rubberized asphalt paving.
• The northbound Loop 101 will be closed between McDonald Drive and 90th Street from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday for rubberized asphalt paving. The northbound Loop 101 on-ramps at Indian School and Chaparral roads will also be closed at this time.
• Westbound Interstate 10 will be down to two lanes between Estrella Parkway and the Loop 202 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday for pavement repair.
• The eastbound Loop 202 will be down to two lanes between Gilbert and Power roads from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday for rubberized asphalt paving. The eastbound Loop 202 on- and off-ramps in the area will also be closed at this time.
• Interstate 17 will be closed between Indian School and Thomas roads from 11:30 p.m. Saturday to 7:30 a.m. Sunday for overhead cable work. Both frontage roads and the east- and westbound ramps from I-10 to northbound I-17 will also be closed during this time.
• Grand Avenue will be closed overnight between Dysart and Litchfield roads from 9 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday for bridge work.
• The westbound I-10 ramp to the northbound Loop 303 will be closed 5-10 a.m. Saturday for construction.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Arizona National Guard calls up 900 soldiers for protest duty
- Arizona lawmaker wants answers about Dion Johnson’s death
- Phoenix climbs to 110 degrees for first time this year, ties record heat for date
- Weekend restrictions resume with closures on 4 metro Phoenix freeways
- Community unites to repair Phoenix woman’s home after fire