PHOENIX — The Mayo Clinic in Phoenix has been rated the best hospital in Arizona, and 13 other hospitals in the state also earned praise from U.S. News & World Report.
Arizona has over 100 hospitals.
The national publication also releases an influential list of best colleges and cars.
Mayo Clinic was ranked nationally in 10 specialties. The hospital ranked top 10 nationally in gastroenterology and GI surgery, and in the top 30 of cancer, ear, nose and throat, nephrology and pulmonology specialties.
The hospital, located near Scottsdale Road and the Loop 101, has been open since 1987.
The other 13 hospitals include Banner University’s medical centers in Phoenix and Tucson. Banner has six hospitals ranked in the top 10 of the list.
Only seven of the hospitals were ranked nationally in a specialty.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Drop in Arizona students enrolled in kindergarten raises concerns
- Phoenix police remind community of penalties for stealing campaign signs
- Glendale Christmas parade canceled, Glitters downsized amid coronavirus
- Bridge inspections will close I-10, I-17 ramps overnight this week
- Weekend wrap-up: Here are the biggest Arizona stories from Oct. 23-25