If you were somehow unaware of the significance of all the American flags flapping about town, the picnic supplies covered in Old Glory or your neighbor’s slightly-too-small USA tank top, Monday is the Fourth of July.
It’s the day when we celebrate our independence and what makes this great country, well, great.
After all, we’re the nation of George Washington and Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin and John Adams.
But this weekend also has some things uniquely American about it, so let’s not make sure we leave out:
- EVERY car dealer having a huge, huge, HUGE sale all weekend long! Cue the weird rock music!
LingerieLegends Football League! Because, for some reason, someone thought this should exist.
- Every little roadside stand that
wants to take your moneyshow you something you’ve never seen before! Shout out to The Thing somewhere along the desolate stretch of Interstate 10 between Tucson and El Paso.
- Our political system. I don’t think I need to add a joke in here.
Seriously, happy birthday, America. We live in the greatest nation on earth and every American should give thanks they live here on Monday.
Happy Fourth of July!
- Sharper Point: Here’s hoping US, media obsession died with Charles Manson
- Six total collisions, one person killed after wrong-way driver crash on I-17
- Fireworks display sets blaze at Arizona river resort
- Swearing-in ceremony in Mesa to welcome 150 new US citizens
- Bald eagle swoops in, steals fish out of boat