PHOENIX — Sky Harbor International Airport was ranked as one of the top 10 airports in the country by a popular website.
According to NerdWallet.com, Sky Harbor was considered the seventh-best airport for summer travelers.
The study took into account factors such as Yelp reviews, the number and frequency of flight delays and wait times.
Between 2013 and 2015 at Sky Harbor, 13 percent of summer flights were delayed over 30 minutes, 6 percent of delays were over an hour and only 2 percent of travelers saw delays over 2 hours.
The average flight delay was about 11 minutes during that two-year period.
Only 0.3 percent of Sky Harbor summer flights were cancelled entirely between 2013 and 2015.
The top 5 best airports in the country were Honolulu International Airport, John Wayne Airport, Orange County, Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport, Seattle-Tacoma International Airport and San Diego International Airport.
The five worst ranked airports were Newark Liberty International Airport, LaGuardia Airport, Chicago O’Hare International Airport, John F. Kennedy International Airport and Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport.
- Security checkpoint at Phoenix Sky Harbor reopened after power outage
- Sky Harbor part of new Global Entry program, wait-time cut by months
- Police investigate suspicious item at Phoenix Sky Harbor airport
- Phoenix’s Sky Harbor airport sees huge boost in satisfaction rankings
- Parents of missing Mesa teen arrested, allegedly interfered in custody battle