PHOENIX — While some parents fear the bad hair cuts that come along with their kid’s “beauty shop” phase, one Valley mom is embracing her daughter’s natural flare for hair.
Magnolia is a 5-year-old from Scottsdale who is shaking up Instagram with her ability to style hair into unique braids and buns.
She has over 19,000 Instagram followers and racks up thousands of likes on each of her hair tutorial videos.
According to BuzzFeed, Magnolia’s mom, hairstylist and blogger Jenny Stebe, finding out about her daughter’s talent was “a total fluke.”
“I’ve never taught her anything,” Strebe told BuzzFeed. “She just kind of goofs around in the classes [I teach].”
The self-proclaimed “5-year-old stylist” has been styling hair since she was 2 1/2 and definitely plans on pursing a career in hairstyling in the future, according to her mother.
- Two Scottsdale resorts added to Triple-A’s diamond-listed hotels
- Art lovers, rejoice! Scottsdale’s Canal Convergence to kick off this weekend
- Scottsdale schools superintendent placed on temporary paid leave
- Scottsdale home sells for $4.4 million at auction, $2 million under listing
- Gold mine in Scottsdale reduces price to nearly $3 million