PHOENIX — When it comes to planning the vacation of a lifetime, travelers chose an Arizona destination as the best place to travel in America.
According to U.S. News, the Grand Canyon is the No. 1 best place to visit in the country.
This list was based on a variety of factors such as attractions, accommodations and dining options combined with traveler votes.
The Grand Canyon was ranked highly because it can accommodate all types of travelers. Many out-doorsy travelers sleep under the stars at camp grounds while others stay in hotels in the area.
The Arizona travel-stop also topped the list because of its low-cost elements. Renting a car is unnecessary because of the free shuttle services provided by the park and many campers will bring and prepare their own food.
The Grand Canyon beat out California and Hawaii for No. 1 spot. Following the Grand Canyon was Maui, Yellowstone, Yosemite and San Francisco.
- Grand Canyon University makes list of top 10 college campuses in country
- Parks Service ends Grand Canyon ban on disposable water bottles
- Prescott called the best place for nature lovers in Arizona
- Spouse of woman lost in Grand Canyon says water ran out
- Officials looking for Texas woman missing in Grand Canyon find a body