PHOENIX — A Phoenix teenager died Tuesday after being accidentally shot while playing with a gun, police said.
The Phoenix Police Department said officers were called to a home near Missouri and 19th avenues about 8 p.m. Monday. They found the 16-year-old boy suffering from a gunshot wound.
The teenager was taken to a local hospital but succumbed to his injury on Tuesday.
It is believed another teenager was present when the boy was shot and also may have been handling the gun. He was not injured.
No further details about the other boy or the weapon have been released.
Police are investigating the boy’s death.
- Phoenix residents work for 4 years to earn enough for down payment
- Stolen 2-month-old puppy returned safely to Phoenix animal shelter
- Interstate 10 eastbound in Phoenix reopens after fatal multivehicle crash
- Phoenix police searching for man suspected of stealing wire
- Arizona Technology Council finds industry is on the rise