PHOENIX — A Phoenix teenager died Tuesday after being accidentally shot while playing with a gun, police said.
The Phoenix Police Department said officers were called to a home near Missouri and 19th avenues about 8 p.m. Monday. They found the 16-year-old boy suffering from a gunshot wound.
The teenager was taken to a local hospital but succumbed to his injury on Tuesday.
It is believed another teenager was present when the boy was shot and also may have been handling the gun. He was not injured.
No further details about the other boy or the weapon have been released.
Police are investigating the boy’s death.
- Silver Alert canceled after missing Surprise man found
- Mountain Pointe teacher helping students at risk gets KTAR News award
- Main Street Minute: Free golf for girls clinic set for Phoenix course
- Phoenix ranks best city in nation for fall weather, survey finds
- Campus museum honors Colangelo, ‘godfather’ of Phoenix pro sports