Tabelog, an online community for food lovers across the country, released their top 10 best Mexican restaurants in the United States.
At the top of the list is Barrio Cafe in Phoenix, located at 2814 N. 16th Street.
Preparing some of the best Mexican cuisine in Phoenix, Chef Silvana Salcido Esparza has created several signature items at Barrio Café. Offering a vast tequila selection, start your night off right with a margarita. Then dig in to the Guacamole del Barrio, which is prepared table-side. For your entrée you certainly cannot go wrong with the Cochinita Pibil, featuring pork marinated in achiote and sour orange. Wrapped in a banana leaf and slow-roasted overnight, the flavors will amaze you. The Barrio Café has certainly earned its spot as one of the top Mexican restaurants in not only Arizona, but in the entire country.
Other spots neighboring Arizona include The Shed in New Mexico, Mesa Grill at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas and Guelaguetza Restaurant in California.
Barrio Cafe opens daily at 11:00 a.m. and closing hours vary from 9:00 p.m. on Sunday to either 10:00 p.m. or 10:30 p.m. on other days.
- MCSO investigating human remains found at Phoenix-area business
- Arpaio claims Justice Department meddled in 2016 campaign for sheriff
- $370,000 worth of meth seized in Arizona border drug busts
- Arizona attorney general appealing dismissal of university tuition lawsuit
- CVS Pharmacy expands efforts to combat opioid abuse in Arizona