PHOENIX — The coming weekend is shaping up to be a rough one for drivers in the Phoenix area, as several freeways will be closed at varying times.
As always, the Arizona Department of Transportation recommended drivers plan ahead for delays or take an alternate route and allow plenty of additional travel time.
• Southbound Loop 101 will be closed between Shea Boulevard and McDonald Drive from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday for a widening project. The southbound Loop 101 on-ramp at Cactus Road will also be closed at this time.
• Southbound Loop 101 will be down to three lanes between the Loop 202 and Southern Avenue from 9 p.m. Friday to 9 p.m. Saturday for pavement repair. Both Loop 202 ramps to southbound Loop 101 and the southbound Loop 101 on-ramp at University Drive will also be closed at this time.
• Southbound Loop 101 will be down to one lane near the Loop 202 from 9 p.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Monday for additional pavement repair. However, both Loop 202 ramps and the on-ramp at University Drive will be reopened.
• Northbound Loop 101 will be down to one lane at McDonald Drive from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday for pavement repair.
• Northbound Loop 101 will be down to two lanes at McDonald Drive from 9 p.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Sunday for pavement repair.
• Interstate 10 in both directions will be closed periodically between Verrado Way and Miller Road from 6 a.m. to noon Sunday for overhead line installation.
• Southbound Interstate 17 will be closed periodically near Anthem Way from 11 p.m. to 3 a.m. Saturday and 11 p.m. Saturday to 3 a.m. Sunday for overhead message sign installation. The southbound I-17 on-ramp at Anthem Way will also be closed at this time.
- Extra restrictions in place for Phoenix area freeways this weekend
- ADOT begins wrong-way vehicle detection project on I-17, closures set
- Mesa man arrested, accused of using stolen identity of brother for 28 years
- Wrong-way accident shuts down Interstate 17 near Phoenix
- Major road near I-10 in Goodyear to be closed nearly a week