PHOENIX — A Phoenix woman got the surprise of her life when her daily iced coffee run to the McDonald’s at 24th Street and Osborn Road turned into $50,000 in her pocket.
Libby Schwichtenberg was one of two $50,000 winners of McDonald’s Monopoly sweepstakes, which she would play through an app on her phone every day after receiving a game piece for her iced coffee.
“I kept reading the email over and over again, thinking to myself, is this real or a scam? My heart was racing, I was crying, I was freaking out,” Schwichtenberg said in a press release.
Schwichtenberg, mother of two and administrative assistant for a travel agency, plans to use the money to pay off bills, take a vacation and make a down payment on a house.
- Silver Alert canceled after missing Surprise man found
- Mountain Pointe teacher helping students at risk gets KTAR News award
- Main Street Minute: Free golf for girls clinic set for Phoenix course
- Phoenix ranks best city in nation for fall weather, survey finds
- Campus museum honors Colangelo, ‘godfather’ of Phoenix pro sports