There has been a tornado warning issued for Monday night in eastern Arizona.
The National Weather Service said the towns on notice are Snowflake, Taylor and Shumway, with the warning set to last until midnight.
Those towns are are less than 20 miles away from Show Low, Arizona, which is closest to a wildfire that has already burned nearly 27,000 acres.
The Cedar Fire is 40 percent contained, but it quickly grew over the weekend because of the winds and the extreme temperatures. Nearly 800 people were battling the fire this weekend, and surely will try to keep the fire under control as much as possible from the high winds on Monday night
The tornado warning is going to impact a population of 9,472 people in 205 square miles, the NWS said.
⚠️ Tornado Warning including Snowflake AZ, Taylor AZ, Shumway AZ until 12:00 AM UTC pic.twitter.com/UnIaKaVUuC
— NWS Tornado (@NWStornado) June 20, 2016
- More than $1.66M raised for Phoenix Children’s Hospital during Give-A-Thon
- Arizona Supreme Court OKs law penalizing cities for destroying guns
- Phoenix police shoot suspect armed with knife approaching them
- Arizona members of US Congress ask president not to pardon Arpaio
- Confederate monument along Arizona highway damaged overnight