PHOENIX — There are few things better on a sweltering Arizona summer day than a cool cocktail and Phoenicians could soon be able to drink at one of the nation’s best bars.
Bitter & Twisted Cocktail Parlour, one of the trendy spots in downtown Phoenix, is being considered for the 2016 Spirited Award for Best American High-Volume Cocktail Bar.
“These awards recognize the people and places that captured the imagination of the 110 judges,” Simon Ford, head of Spirited Awards, said in a release.
Unlike a simple ranking, Bitter & Twisted was nominated for the Spirited Award and has already earned the nod of some of the 110 judges in the competition to make the top 10.
“Making the Spirited Awards top 10 is no small feat,” Ann Tuennerman, founder of Tales of the Cocktail, a series of events that partnered with the Spirit Awards, said in the same release.
“We receive hundreds of nominations in each category so everyone on this list should be proud of this hard-earned accomplishment.”
But the top 10 is just the start. The final four nominees will be announced Monday. Once announced, they will be invited to the annual Spirited Award held in New Orleans in late July, where the winner will be crowned. Or is it toasted?
Bitter & Twisted is the only Phoenix bar nominated for an award.
- Silver Alert canceled after missing Surprise man found
- Mountain Pointe teacher helping students at risk gets KTAR News award
- Main Street Minute: Free golf for girls clinic set for Phoenix course
- Phoenix ranks best city in nation for fall weather, survey finds
- Parts of I-17 in Phoenix to shut down for wrong-way detection system