PHOENIX — There are few things better on a sweltering Arizona summer day than a cool cocktail and Phoenicians could soon be able to drink at one of the nation’s best bars.
Bitter & Twisted Cocktail Parlour, one of the trendy spots in downtown Phoenix, is being considered for the 2016 Spirited Award for Best American High-Volume Cocktail Bar.
“These awards recognize the people and places that captured the imagination of the 110 judges,” Simon Ford, head of Spirited Awards, said in a release.
Unlike a simple ranking, Bitter & Twisted was nominated for the Spirited Award and has already earned the nod of some of the 110 judges in the competition to make the top 10.
“Making the Spirited Awards top 10 is no small feat,” Ann Tuennerman, founder of Tales of the Cocktail, a series of events that partnered with the Spirit Awards, said in the same release.
“We receive hundreds of nominations in each category so everyone on this list should be proud of this hard-earned accomplishment.”
But the top 10 is just the start. The final four nominees will be announced Monday. Once announced, they will be invited to the annual Spirited Award held in New Orleans in late July, where the winner will be crowned. Or is it toasted?
Bitter & Twisted is the only Phoenix bar nominated for an award.
- Veteran linguist becomes professor at University of Arizona
- Lost Lake Festival to feature life-sized games like pool, foosball
- Glasses ready! Arizona spots hosting solar eclipse viewing events
- Phoenix police chief: City will be prepared for Trump rally
- Extra restrictions in place for Phoenix area freeways this weekend