In case you have somehow not heard — or just keep telling yourself it’s all a conspiracy — it’s going to be as hot as 120 degrees in Phoenix on Sunday, better known as Father’s Day.
The National Weather Service has issued an excessive heat warning that boils (get it?) down to this: Stay inside and avoid the heat. Drink some water. Wait it out.
While this may mean some canceled plans for Father’s Day — golf is SO out — I think it means all us dads have the perfect excuse to sit inside and do our favorite thing: nothing. Sweet, sweet nothing.
By all means, if you’re all about making Sunday special for dear old Dad, do so. Take him to lunch. Make him dinner. Get him a little something.
Just make sure the air conditioning is turned up, he has a cold drink and you’re not blocking the TV.
- Phoenix is fastest-warming city in US, meteorologist says
- U2 returns to Arizona for 30th anniversary ‘Joshua Tree’ concert
- Arizona prosecutor outlines case as Morris twins’ assault trial begins
- Art of Ice Cream Experience coming to Scottsdale in November
- Chinese community in Phoenix is fighting back for its cultural center