In case you have somehow not heard — or just keep telling yourself it’s all a conspiracy — it’s going to be as hot as 120 degrees in Phoenix on Sunday, better known as Father’s Day.
The National Weather Service has issued an excessive heat warning that boils (get it?) down to this: Stay inside and avoid the heat. Drink some water. Wait it out.
While this may mean some canceled plans for Father’s Day — golf is SO out — I think it means all us dads have the perfect excuse to sit inside and do our favorite thing: nothing. Sweet, sweet nothing.
By all means, if you’re all about making Sunday special for dear old Dad, do so. Take him to lunch. Make him dinner. Get him a little something.
Just make sure the air conditioning is turned up, he has a cold drink and you’re not blocking the TV.
- Part of Interstate 10, 17 to be closed during June 22 weekend
- Monsoon season is here: What to do when the weather turns dangerous
- Hawaii-bound American Airlines flight forced back to Phoenix
- Phoenix needs more bottled water to help battle summer heat
- Phoenix City Council votes to look at other designs for light-rail expansion