LONG BEACH, Calif. (AP) – A Southern California man has been hospitalized after a barbecue exploded and touched off a house fire.
City News Service says the Long Beach man was lighting a barbecue in the rear portion of his home when there was a flash explosion just before dawn on Monday.
The blast sparked a small fire that was quickly extinguished by firefighters
The man is in a hospital with second-degree burns on his face. His name hasn’t been released.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)