PHOENIX — A pedestrian fell off a platform in Mesa and was struck by a light-rail train Wednesday morning.
He was taken to a hospital.
Mesa first-responders said the man’s leg had been trapped between the rail and platform at the Center and main streets station. He was freed and was conscious on the way to further treatment.
Mesa police spokesman Steve Berry said witnesses told investigators that the man had been dancing erratically along the platform before he fell.
Service was shut down. Valley Metro officials expected a 20-minute delay for westbound riders and 10 minutes for eastbounders.
No other details were immediately available.
- Ballot measure would raise production of clean energy in Arizona
- Thousands to march on Arizona’s capitol in response to Florida shooting
- Phoenix police union calling for review board decision to be overturned
- Mexican gray wolf population grows by 1 animal, survey says
- Arizona ramps up response to school threats after Florida shooting