PHOENIX — A pedestrian fell off a platform in Mesa and was struck by a light-rail train Wednesday morning.
He was taken to a hospital.
Mesa first-responders said the man’s leg had been trapped between the rail and platform at the Center and main streets station. He was freed and was conscious on the way to further treatment.
Mesa police spokesman Steve Berry said witnesses told investigators that the man had been dancing erratically along the platform before he fell.
Service was shut down. Valley Metro officials expected a 20-minute delay for westbound riders and 10 minutes for eastbounders.
No other details were immediately available.
- Ex-Maricopa County deputy gets prison for sex with inmate
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix
- Grand Canyon University makes list of top 10 college campuses in country
- Andre the dog’s abuser yet to be found [REBROADCAST OF 12/3/2012]
- John McCain spends time outdoors with Lieberman, Graham