PHOENIX — A young road worker has died after he was hit by a car while removing barricades on a Phoenix-area freeway.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety said Tuesday that Jarvis Crenshaw, 22, died of his injuries in a hospital.
The Laveen resident was hit by a vehicle early Monday morning on Loop 101 near 90th Street in Scottsdale. Crenshaw was moving barricades onto the shoulder of the freeway around 3 a.m. when he was struck.
He was taken to a hospital in critical condition.
The driver remained at the scene to talk with police investigators.
- Phoenix-area residents can now buy a car — from a vending machine
- Saturn to return to Arizona skies in June
- Arizona man sentenced to 20 months in prison for Wisconsin cyberattack
- McCain, GOP senators call on Sessions to halt family separation practice
- ADOT’s online permit test has been used 23,000 times in 3 months