PHOENIX — A young road worker has died after he was hit by a car while removing barricades on a Phoenix-area freeway.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety said Tuesday that Jarvis Crenshaw, 22, died of his injuries in a hospital.
The Laveen resident was hit by a vehicle early Monday morning on Loop 101 near 90th Street in Scottsdale. Crenshaw was moving barricades onto the shoulder of the freeway around 3 a.m. when he was struck.
He was taken to a hospital in critical condition.
The driver remained at the scene to talk with police investigators.
- Plan will keep most of Arizona desert national monument open to shooters
- Phoenix-area luxury hotel recognized as one of best in southwest, nation
- Arizona shares a favorite fast food joint with many other states
- Estimated population of squirrel plummets after Arizona wildfire
- Jodi Arias appeal prolonged by transcript errors and omissions