PHOENIX — A young road worker has died after he was hit by a car while removing barricades on a Phoenix-area freeway.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety said Tuesday that Jarvis Crenshaw, 22, died of his injuries in a hospital.
The Laveen resident was hit by a vehicle early Monday morning on Loop 101 near 90th Street in Scottsdale. Crenshaw was moving barricades onto the shoulder of the freeway around 3 a.m. when he was struck.
He was taken to a hospital in critical condition.
The driver remained at the scene to talk with police investigators.
- Trump supporter reportedly shouts death wish of Sen. John McCain
- Arizona sheriffs honor Flake for baseball shooting response
- Report: Pei Wei could move headquarters out of Arizona
- Trump to depart Phoenix for Reno before heading to White House
- Arizona school near top of list of America’s best community colleges