PHOENIX — A young road worker has died after he was hit by a car while removing barricades on a Phoenix-area freeway.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety said Tuesday that Jarvis Crenshaw, 22, died of his injuries in a hospital.
The Laveen resident was hit by a vehicle early Monday morning on Loop 101 near 90th Street in Scottsdale. Crenshaw was moving barricades onto the shoulder of the freeway around 3 a.m. when he was struck.
He was taken to a hospital in critical condition.
The driver remained at the scene to talk with police investigators.
- Arizona lawmakers block bump stocks debate after Florida shooting
- After deadly Florida shooting, what is Arizona doing about gun control?
- Ofo, dockless bike share system, kicks off operations in Mesa
- Arizona Super Show to be held at University of Phoenix Stadium
- Arizona DPS trooper injured in crash with impaired driver