PHOENIX — A young West Valley man has turned himself in after admitting to being behind the wheel in a late-night hit-and-run accident.
Anthony Werner, 19, struck a woman in his car just after midnight Monday in El Mirage, Arizona, near West Thunderbird Road and Grand Avenue.
Police were called and they found a woman lying in the road.
The 57-year-old woman was hospitalized in critical condition.
Werner, of Tolleson, Arizona, left the scene but two hours later he came forward to El Mirage police.
Authorities were waiting to notify family before releasing the name of the victim.
No other details were available.
- Mark Kelly calls for gun control legislation after Florida shooting
- Meghan McCain shares photo of Sen. John McCain at Arizona home
- Storm expected to slam Arizona high country with strong wind
- Arizona landmarks make list of must-see attractions in North America
- Silver Alert cancelled for missing 74-year-old woman in Phoenix