PHOENIX — A young West Valley man has turned himself in after admitting to being behind the wheel in a late-night hit-and-run accident.
Anthony Werner, 19, struck a woman in his car just after midnight Monday in El Mirage, Arizona, near West Thunderbird Road and Grand Avenue.
Police were called and they found a woman lying in the road.
The 57-year-old woman was hospitalized in critical condition.
Werner, of Tolleson, Arizona, left the scene but two hours later he came forward to El Mirage police.
Authorities were waiting to notify family before releasing the name of the victim.
No other details were available.
- Ex-Maricopa County deputy gets prison for sex with inmate
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix
- Grand Canyon University makes list of top 10 college campuses in country
- Andre the dog’s abuser yet to be found [REBROADCAST OF 12/3/2012]
- John McCain spends time outdoors with Lieberman, Graham