PHOENIX — A young West Valley man has turned himself in after admitting to being behind the wheel in a late-night hit-and-run accident.
Anthony Werner, 19, struck a woman in his car just after midnight Monday in El Mirage, Arizona, near West Thunderbird Road and Grand Avenue.
Police were called and they found a woman lying in the road.
The 57-year-old woman was hospitalized in critical condition.
Werner, of Tolleson, Arizona, left the scene but two hours later he came forward to El Mirage police.
Authorities were waiting to notify family before releasing the name of the victim.
No other details were available.
- Abrazo micro-hospital construction underway in Mesa
- 800-pound chunk of USS Arizona heading to Texas war memorial
- Monsoon season is here: What to do when the weather turns dangerous
- MCSO investigating human remains found at Phoenix-area business
- Arpaio claims Justice Department meddled in 2016 campaign for sheriff