A Phoenix healthcare center for Native Americans is getting some more federal money.
The grant to the Native American Community Health Center is for reaching out to and enrolling uninsured children.
Victoria Wachino’s with the federal Center for Medicaid and CHIP Services. She says the center’s just one of 32 grant recipients nationwide.
The money will also be used for enrollment outreach among Latino children and families in Maricopa County.
- ADOT begins wrong-way vehicle detection project on I-17, closures set
- After promise, Phoenix preschoolers marry each other 20 years later
- Woman hangs ‘second place’ banner on Phoenix Confederate memorial
- Silver Alert canceled for missing man from Surprise
- Phoenix councilman apologizes for posting meme on social media