A Phoenix healthcare center for Native Americans is getting some more federal money.
The grant to the Native American Community Health Center is for reaching out to and enrolling uninsured children.
Victoria Wachino’s with the federal Center for Medicaid and CHIP Services. She says the center’s just one of 32 grant recipients nationwide.
The money will also be used for enrollment outreach among Latino children and families in Maricopa County.
- Arizona schools to join national gun violence protest after Florida shooting
- Phoenix residents need to work 66 hours to pay monthly rent, study finds
- Waymo to start charging Phoenix-area riders who use its driverless cars
- Phoenix school brings in extra police officers after online threats
- Phoenix celebrates Chinese New Year with weekend-long festival