PHOENIX — An American Airlines flight had to return to Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport on Monday after a part fell off the aircraft shortly after takeoff.
Flight 403 was scheduled to fly to San Francisco but was forced to turn back after part of the engine cowling came loose and fell off, the airline said.
The part landed on airport property.
The plane landed safely and no injuries were reported.
American Airlines said it is working with the Federal Aviation Administration to determine why the part fell off.
- Delta adds daily flight between Phoenix Sky Harbor, Cincinnati
- FAA to hold public hearings on airport noise in Phoenix area
- Mechanical issues force American Airlines flight to return to Phoenix
- Two flight attendants treated for dizziness from cabin pressurization
- Arizona remains in drought despite recent rain, snow storms