When it comes to some of the best suburbs in the country, Gilbert tops the list for the Phoenix metro area.
The folks at thrilllist.com went out in search for the best place to live nearby in a particular city. In doing so, the website looked at three major factors: the food and drink scene, the community and if the place has its own unique elements.
The website mentions the Barrio Queen, Zinburger, Joyride Taco House and Arizona Wilderness Brewing Company as some of the best places to eat and drink in Gilbert.
In 2014, the Phoenix New Times called Gilbert “one of the hottest dining mini-hubs in the Valley” and that was BEFORE they added a bunch of new restaurants Downtown. That Downtown area is now a veritable restaurant row, with places to get chicken and waffles, “Mexico City soul food,” coffee and donut pancakes from the breakfast spot Snooze, a wine and burger bar from the Fox Restaurant people, and a pizzeria Napoletana. Oh, and ice cream. And this is before we even get to the bars. Pretty good for the former “Hay Shipping Capital of the World.”
- Trump’s visit to force closures of some downtown Phoenix streets, businesses
- Vice President Mike Pence expected to join Trump at Phoenix rally
- Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey will not attend Trump’s Phoenix rally
- Democratic leader says Trump’s unpredictability causing US instability
- Ex-Maricopa County deputy gets prison for sex with inmate