PHOENIX — Closures and road restrictions will be in place due to multiple improvement projects over the weekend of June 10.
The Arizona Department of Transportation is advising motorists to plan ahead and consider alternative routes while the following restrictions are in place.
• Southbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) closed between McDonald Drive and McDowell Road in Scottsdale area from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (June 13) for rubberized asphalt paving. Southbound Loop 101 on-ramps at Via De Ventura and Indian Bend Road also closed. Please consider alternate freeway routes, including southbound State Route 51. Drivers on southbound Loop 101 should consider exiting ahead of the closure and using alternate routes.
• Southbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) on-ramp at Chaparral Road, southbound off- and on-ramps at Indian School Road and southbound off- and on-ramps at Thomas Road in Scottsdale area closed 10 p.m. Thursday to 10 p.m. Friday (June 10) for paving. Please plan ahead to use other southbound ramps in the area, including the off-ramp at Chaparral Road and on-ramp at McDonald Drive. NOTE: These ramps will remain closed as part of the full weekend closure of southbound Loop 101.
• Northbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) narrowed to two lanes near McDonald Drive in Scottsdale area from 11 p.m. Friday to 8 a.m. Saturday (June 11) and 11 p.m. Saturday to 8 a.m. Sunday (June 12) for pavement maintenance. Please allow extra travel time and use caution in work zone.
• Loop 303 closed in both directions between Interstate 17 and Lake Pleasant Parkway from 2 a.m. Friday to 11:30 p.m. Wednesday (June 15) for permit activity. Drivers can use State Route 74, two miles north of Loop 303, as an alternate east-west route to connect to or from Lake Pleasant Parkway.
• Southbound Interstate 17 closed at times (up to 30 minutes) overnight near Anthem Way from 11 p.m. Friday to 3 a.m. Saturday (June 11) and 11 p.m. Saturday to 3 a.m. Sunday (June 12) for overhead message-sign installation. Southbound I-17 on-ramp at Anthem Way also closed. DETOUR: Consider using southbound I-17 on-ramp at Daisy Mountain Drive. Please allow extra travel time and be prepared for slowing or stopped traffic at times.
For a complete list of restrictions and closures around the state, visit ADOT’s Travel Information website.
- No Phoenix-area freeway closures over President’s Day weekend
- Arizona man allegedly used stolen identities to get driver’s licenses
- Semitrailer rolls over, blocks I-10 traffic west of Phoenix
- 4 injured in wrong-way wreck, related crash on Loop 101 in Mesa
- Valley freeway closures shouldn’t hinder Super Bowl party plans