This week, we’ll talk about two different topics:
1. Donald Trump’s ascendency clearly qualifies as a phenomenon, one that will be studied and dissected by political scientists for years to come.
Throughout the campaign, Trump has ignored many conventional campaigning rules and baffled virtually the entire commentariat in the process.
How did he pull this off? We examine several theories, including a very interesting one by linguist and psychologist George Lakoff. He attributes Trump’s appeal to styles of childrearing.
Sound far-fetched? Listen to the traits he enumerates and see how well they fit.
2. The latest political kerfuffle concerns the use of bathroom by transgender persons. What is really behind this issue?
- Donald Trump’s former campaign chairman ordered into custody
- Sen. John McCain criticizes Donald Trump for ending Korean war games
- Trump delivers warning on trade as he leaves G-7 summit
- Flake rips Trump on trade in Senate speech, touts US role as world leader
- Sharper Point: Is Dennis Rodman a deep-cover diplomat in a dress?