PHOENIX — A local water park is going to be making a big splash on the Travel Channel soon.
Wet ‘n’ Wild, which can be found at 4243 W. Pinnacle Peak Road in Glendale, is going to be featured on an episode of “Xtreme Waterparks.”
The episode will specifically focus on the Maximum Velocity attraction at Wet n’ Wild, which the Travel Channel is promoting as “a dueling gravity-defying water coaster with side-by-side tracks in Phoenix – the first and only ride of its kind in America.”
The episode is scheduled to air Sunday, June 26 at 9 p.m.
Wet ‘n’ Wild has been the biggest theme park in Arizona since it opened in 2009. The water park has many attractions besides Maximum Velocity, such as Constrictor and Serpentine Complex, that the family can enjoy.
The park is open 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday through Wednesday, and 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Thursday through Saturday.
- Main Street Minute: Water park to offer service members free holiday admission
- Wind nearly knocks over weatherman reporting on the — wind
- Fire temporarily closes popular Tempe water park Big Surf
- School voucher-backing group runs ‘thank you’ ads in Arizona
- Food Network’s ‘Ginormous Food’ to film at several Arizona restaurants this week