One man is in extremely critical condition after being shot on a southwest Phoenix street during an altercation Saturday night.
At around 7:30 p.m., Phoenix Police officers were called to the area of South 52nd Dr. and West Kateri Dr. in response to a fight, Phoenix Police Department Officer James Holmes said.
There they learned that a 30-year-old man, who was driving a 1993 white Chevrolet Caprice, got involved in an unknown altercation with two men who were standing outside. Holmes said one of the males produced a weapon, shot the victim and both men then fled.
Police said the victim was transported to a local hospital and they are still investigating the case.
Anyone with information is asked to call Silent Witness at 480-WITNESS, which is 480-948-6377. As always, any caller may remain anonymous.
- Students say more guns, police officers on campus is not the answer
- Milwaukee Brewers release renovation plans for spring Phoenix home
- Phoenix police officers, woman injured in rush hour crash
- St. Mary’s high school in Phoenix cancels classes due to alleged threat
- Phoenix leaders deny petition to block city spending on more Trump events