One man is in extremely critical condition after being shot on a southwest Phoenix street during an altercation Saturday night.
At around 7:30 p.m., Phoenix Police officers were called to the area of South 52nd Dr. and West Kateri Dr. in response to a fight, Phoenix Police Department Officer James Holmes said.
There they learned that a 30-year-old man, who was driving a 1993 white Chevrolet Caprice, got involved in an unknown altercation with two men who were standing outside. Holmes said one of the males produced a weapon, shot the victim and both men then fled.
Police said the victim was transported to a local hospital and they are still investigating the case.
Anyone with information is asked to call Silent Witness at 480-WITNESS, which is 480-948-6377. As always, any caller may remain anonymous.
- Study finds racial bias in Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office traffic stops
- Interstate 10 eastbound in Phoenix reopens after fatal multivehicle crash
- Phoenix police searching for man suspected of stealing wire
- Arizona Technology Council finds industry is on the rise
- Phoenix shooting leaves two injured, one dead on Saturday