Two people died of apparent gunshot injuries in a south Phoenix house on Saturday.
Just before 11 p.m., Phoenix police officers were called to a residence in the area of 6000 S. 2nd Ave, in response to unknown trouble, Phoenix Police Department Officer James Holmes said.
There they found Kenya Simpson and Jimmy Hamilton, both 44-year-old men and life-long friends, dead inside the home.
The Phoenix Fire Department was called to the residence and both men were pronounced dead at the scene, Holmes said.
Police was called when relatives went to the home to check on Hamilton, as they had not heard from him and this was unusual, Holmes said.
Holmes said detectives have no suspect information or motives for this shooting at this time, and the investigation is ongoing.
- Phoenix police searching for robbery suspect who threatened guard
- Silver Alert cancelled for missing 74-year-old woman in Phoenix
- Phoenix police assistants helping respond to non-emergency calls
- Child dies, another seriously injured in 2-car crash in Phoenix
- Driver crashes into Phoenix house, occupants unharmed