Two people died of apparent gunshot injuries in a south Phoenix house on Saturday.
Just before 11 p.m., Phoenix police officers were called to a residence in the area of 6000 S. 2nd Ave, in response to unknown trouble, Phoenix Police Department Officer James Holmes said.
There they found Kenya Simpson and Jimmy Hamilton, both 44-year-old men and life-long friends, dead inside the home.
The Phoenix Fire Department was called to the residence and both men were pronounced dead at the scene, Holmes said.
Police was called when relatives went to the home to check on Hamilton, as they had not heard from him and this was unusual, Holmes said.
Holmes said detectives have no suspect information or motives for this shooting at this time, and the investigation is ongoing.
- Phoenix police shoot suspect armed with knife approaching them
- Phoenix police adopt new immigration-related policies
- Phoenix chief says Trump police comments paint officers in bad light
- Bike rider shoots at Phoenix police, dies in gunfire exchange
- Police searching for man who shot at Phoenix officers