According to Business Insider, Prescott, Arizona is ranked No. 10 in cities with more deaths than births. The northern Arizona city had 218,852 people recorded in 2014, but there has been a decline of 3.7 deaths per 1,000 people.
Prescott’s net births minus deaths is -812, which was recorded by the United States Census Bureau between July 1, 2014 and July 1, 2015.
The rest of Arizona either has more births than deaths, or is close to even. However, Arizona was the only state west of the Mississippi that contained a large discrepancy of deaths over births. Most of the United States contained areas of greater number of births than deaths.
Four of the top ten cities with the largest population increase reside in Texas, while half of the cities with more deaths than births were in Florida.
- Arizona Rep. Trent Franks believes Trump will pardon Arpaio, supports it
- Phoenix’s main library will be shut down for nearly a year
- Theme park resort villages approved for development near Phoenix
- White House chief strategist Steve Bannon steps down
- Tempe police, federal agents haul in 30,000 fentanyl pills during traffic stop