Some would call it a love affair. Others would call it a stereotype or trope. Either way you see it, cops and doughnuts are always going to be linked with each other.
Police departments across the country show their support for doughnuts.
A department in Illinois climbs rooftops at a Dunkin’ Donuts every year to raise money for the Special Olympics. In Michigan, a group of officers bought a doughnut shop that came close to closing and named it “Cops and Doughnuts.”
With National Doughnut Day, the Peoria Police Department here in Arizona played along, tweeting out that they love doughnuts.
- $370,000 worth of meth seized in Arizona border drug busts
- Arizona attorney general appealing dismissal of university tuition lawsuit
- CVS Pharmacy expands efforts to combat opioid abuse in Arizona
- Border Patrol rescues young Costa Rican boy in Arizona
- Phoenix City Council votes to ‘pause’ south-central light rail expansion