Some would call it a love affair. Others would call it a stereotype or trope. Either way you see it, cops and doughnuts are always going to be linked with each other.
Police departments across the country show their support for doughnuts.
A department in Illinois climbs rooftops at a Dunkin’ Donuts every year to raise money for the Special Olympics. In Michigan, a group of officers bought a doughnut shop that came close to closing and named it “Cops and Doughnuts.”
With National Doughnut Day, the Peoria Police Department here in Arizona played along, tweeting out that they love doughnuts.
- Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey delivers outlook for difficult wildfire season
- Special: Debate over gun violence in schools divides Arizona experts
- Arizona bill helps first responders get compensation, therapy for PTSD
- St. Mary’s high school in Phoenix cancels classes due to alleged threat
- Ballot measure would raise production of clean energy in Arizona