PHOENIX — A cyber security company from Switzerland has decided to set up shop in Phoenix.
The Kudelski group will complement its Swiss location by opening a second headquarters in Phoenix.
Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce Vice President of Economic Development Jennifer Mellor said this is a big win for Phoenix.
“We have been building upon a strategy to attract and retain technology based companies, especially in the cyber security area,” she said.
Mellor said that Kudelski is coming to an area where other cyber security groups already exist.
“For example, there is a one of a kind partnership in the East Valley called the Arizona Cyber Threat Response Alliance that is bringing together private sector industry with the FBI and other governmental agencies that assess and respond to emerging cyber threats,” said Mellor.
Kudelski has leased a 30,191 square foot office space near 40th street and Camelback road and will employ about 130 people.
“They’re bringing some of their own talent over (from Switzerland), and they’re hoping that will continue with the culture that they’ve created,” Mellor said. “But they’re also looking to recruit local talent.”
The Kudelski Group said that its technical teams will stay in Switzerland and work with the new teams in Phoenix.
- U2 returns to Arizona for 30th anniversary ‘Joshua Tree’ concert
- Arizona prosecutor outlines case as Morris twins’ assault trial begins
- Art of Ice Cream Experience coming to Scottsdale in November
- Chinese community in Phoenix is fighting back for its cultural center
- Silver Alert cancelled for missing Phoenix woman with dementia