PHOENIX — A cyber security company from Switzerland has decided to set up shop in Phoenix.
The Kudelski group will complement its Swiss location by opening a second headquarters in Phoenix.
Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce Vice President of Economic Development Jennifer Mellor said this is a big win for Phoenix.
“We have been building upon a strategy to attract and retain technology based companies, especially in the cyber security area,” she said.
Mellor said that Kudelski is coming to an area where other cyber security groups already exist.
“For example, there is a one of a kind partnership in the East Valley called the Arizona Cyber Threat Response Alliance that is bringing together private sector industry with the FBI and other governmental agencies that assess and respond to emerging cyber threats,” said Mellor.
Kudelski has leased a 30,191 square foot office space near 40th street and Camelback road and will employ about 130 people.
“They’re bringing some of their own talent over (from Switzerland), and they’re hoping that will continue with the culture that they’ve created,” Mellor said. “But they’re also looking to recruit local talent.”
The Kudelski Group said that its technical teams will stay in Switzerland and work with the new teams in Phoenix.
- Lady Antebellum, Darius Rucker to perform in Phoenix in August
- Milwaukee Brewers release renovation plans for spring Phoenix home
- Phoenix police officers, woman injured in rush hour crash
- St. Mary’s high school in Phoenix cancels classes due to alleged threat
- Phoenix leaders deny petition to block city spending on more Trump events