PHOENIX — A bust in the Phoenix area resulted in the seizure of guns, 18 pounds of methamphetamine and thousands of rounds of ammunition, the Federal Bureau of Investigation said.
In a release, the FBI said it seized three guns, 11,000 rounds of 7.62 mm ammunition and 4,000 rounds of 9 mm ammunition.
The FBI also said it arrested seven people.
The agency did not disclose the location of the bust or the names of the suspects.
The bust was part of the Safe Streets initiative, a multi-agency effort aimed at curbing street gang and drug-related violence.
The FBI said the Phoenix Police Department and Arizona Department of Public Safety assisted in the bust.
Other agencies — United States Border Patrol, Arizona Department of Corrections and Chandler Police Department — also assist the FBI in making busts.
- Silver Alert issued for missing man from Surprise
- Mountain Pointe teacher helping students at risk gets KTAR News award
- Main Street Minute: Free golf for girls clinic set for Phoenix course
- Phoenix ranks best city in nation for fall weather, survey finds
- Campus museum honors Colangelo, ‘godfather’ of Phoenix pro sports