PHOENIX — After beating out 14 finalists, one doughnut has finally been deemed the winner of Bashas’ “Donut Flavor Craze Contest.”
It was a sweet victory for 9-year-old Fallon’s creation, the Smorealicious doughnut, which received first place in the contest.
The Smorealicious is a chocolate doughnut with marshmallow frosting and graham cracker crumbles.
The Smorealicious doughnut will be available for purchase in any Bashas’ store for the month of June starting Friday June 3, which is also National Doughnut Day.
In addition to having her creation come to life, Fallon has also been named Bashas’ Official Donut Ambassador and will also receive a $100 Bashas’ gift card and one dozen donuts every month for an entire year.
Ten percent of the proceed’s from the new flavor’s debut day will go to the Salvation Army.
The Bananas Foster Fritter, created by 13-year-old Trinity, earned second place and a $75 gift card to Bashas’.
The third place and $50 Bashas’ gift card winner was 8-year-old Rion for the Salted Caramel & Pretzel Craze doughnut.
The Cupcake doughnut, created by 12-year-old Gracie, was named the people’s choice doughnut based on the Bashas’ Facebook page vote.
All 14 finalists received a $25 Bashas’ gift card as well as one dozen doughnuts and, of course, bragging rights.
- ADOT unveils safety message contest winner: ‘Buckle up, buttercup’
- ADOT gives more time to vote in Arizona creative freeway sign contest
- Host Jimmy Kimmel offers Lake Havasu trip for shortest Oscars speech
- Main Street Minute: Bashas’ plays chicken with recipe contest
- This video of a Rube Goldberg machine will blow your mind