The statewide Memorial Day DUI enforcement statistics are in, and 420 people were arrested and suspected of driving under the influence.
This is less than the number of people arrested in 2014 and 2015. Last year, 438 people were arrested while 515 were arrested in 2014.
Of the 438 Arizonans, 86 people were arrested for an extreme DUI, and 18 people under the age of 21 were taken into custody. There were 97 DUI drug arrests.
Highway patrol officers, volunteers, sheriff deputies and other law enforcement personnel make up the DUI Task Forces throughout the state. There were 2317 combined participating officers and deputies.
- Man who stopped traffic on Hoover Dam bridge charged with terrorism
- Study finds racial bias in Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office traffic stops
- Phoenix police searching for man suspected of stealing wire
- Donald Trump’s former campaign chairman ordered into custody
- Mesa drops charges against man seen beaten in arrest video