The statewide Memorial Day DUI enforcement statistics are in, and 420 people were arrested and suspected of driving under the influence.
This is less than the number of people arrested in 2014 and 2015. Last year, 438 people were arrested while 515 were arrested in 2014.
Of the 438 Arizonans, 86 people were arrested for an extreme DUI, and 18 people under the age of 21 were taken into custody. There were 97 DUI drug arrests.
Highway patrol officers, volunteers, sheriff deputies and other law enforcement personnel make up the DUI Task Forces throughout the state. There were 2317 combined participating officers and deputies.
- Students say more guns, police officers on campus is not the answer
- Phoenix police officers, woman injured in rush hour crash
- Phoenix police union calling for review board decision to be overturned
- Police investigating possible triple homicide in northwest Phoenix
- Phoenix school brings in extra police officers after online threats