The statewide Memorial Day DUI enforcement statistics are in, and 420 people were arrested and suspected of driving under the influence.
This is less than the number of people arrested in 2014 and 2015. Last year, 438 people were arrested while 515 were arrested in 2014.
Of the 438 Arizonans, 86 people were arrested for an extreme DUI, and 18 people under the age of 21 were taken into custody. There were 97 DUI drug arrests.
Highway patrol officers, volunteers, sheriff deputies and other law enforcement personnel make up the DUI Task Forces throughout the state. There were 2317 combined participating officers and deputies.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Gov. Ducey calls resistance to ban on local mask mandates ‘grandstanding’
- Police looking for suspect in Phoenix double shooting cold case
- Arizona parents arrested after fentanyl pills found hidden in child car seat
- Phoenix police searching for clues in grandfather’s 2011 murder
- Phoenix police searching for suspects in woman’s brutal 1985 murder