PHOENIX — A 54-year-old Phoenix woman was arrested this week for operating an unlicensed dental practice out of an apartment, the Arizona Attorney General’s Office said.
Elda Graciela Margez De Zamora was arrested on two felony counts — fraudulent schemes and practices and practicing dentistry without a license.
According to the Arizona Attorney General, Margez De Zamora, also known as “Mama Elda,” lives in Mexico and would drive to Phoenix to perform dental service for cash.
On May 18, an undercover agent observed Margez De Zamora treating patients in an apartment room. A variety of dental instruments were placed alongside a bed which seemed to be used as a makeshift dental chair.
Her case is being prosecuted by Assistant Attorney General Andy Kvesic and she is currently being held on a $20,000 bail.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Phoenix police arrest man in connection to a 33-year-old cold case
- Arizona National Guard calls up 900 soldiers for protest duty
- Arizona lawmaker wants answers about Dion Johnson’s death
- Phoenix climbs to 110 degrees for first time this year, ties record heat for date
- Community unites to repair Phoenix woman’s home after fire