PHOENIX — A 54-year-old Phoenix woman was arrested this week for operating an unlicensed dental practice out of an apartment, the Arizona Attorney General’s Office said.
Elda Graciela Margez De Zamora was arrested on two felony counts — fraudulent schemes and practices and practicing dentistry without a license.
According to the Arizona Attorney General, Margez De Zamora, also known as “Mama Elda,” lives in Mexico and would drive to Phoenix to perform dental service for cash.
On May 18, an undercover agent observed Margez De Zamora treating patients in an apartment room. A variety of dental instruments were placed alongside a bed which seemed to be used as a makeshift dental chair.
Her case is being prosecuted by Assistant Attorney General Andy Kvesic and she is currently being held on a $20,000 bail.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Video shows man attack 2 women at Phoenix IHOP with coffee pot
- Lyft opens car maintenance and repair center in Phoenix
- 7 Maricopa Community colleges have chance to win $1M
- Motorcyclist ejected, killed in crash on Loop 101 in Phoenix
- Hard to handle: The Black Crowes to stop in Phoenix on 2020 reunion tour