Ocean lovers and beer drinkers, unite!
The masterminds at Salt Water Brewery have created a biodegradable alternative to the plastic rings that hold together six-packs.
The patent-pending “edible six-pack ring” is made of leftover scraps of barley and wheat from their brews to make an animal-friendly alternative.
Millions of sea creatures die annually due to the plastic rings that wind up in the ocean. This plastic substitute can either be broken down naturally or eaten by the different animals that live in the ocean.
While it may be a little pricey for one small brewery, if all major distributors got on board the pricing could be cut down and save countless fish, birds and other ocean life.
- Seven Arizona breweries win big at Great American Beer Festival
- Scottsdale to feature craft beer brewed with recycled water at fall event
- Four Peaks Brewing Company to bring back Oktoberfest at Tempe Town Lake
- Sixth annual Urban Ale Trail returns to downtown Phoenix
- New concept to replace Phoenix Ale Brewery locations next month