PHOENIX — You better double check your tickets, Arizona Lottery players!
One lucky Arizonan won the May 21 Powerball drawing and has yet to turn in their ticket.
The winning ticket was purchased in Gilbert at the Safeway near Val Vista Drive and Elliot Road. The ticket matched all five white ball numbers, 5-7-9-23-32, but failed to match the red Powerball number, 26.
This isn’t the first time that a winning ticket has taken time to surface. Earlier this month, someone won $8.4 million in the Pick and didn’t turn in their ticket immediately either.
Arizona has had 10 lottery players win $1 million or more in 2016.
To prevent the wrong person from cashing in on someone else’s big win, the Arizona Lottery suggests that players sign their tickets immediately after purchase and always check their tickets as soon as possible.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- High court weighs state role in prosecuting immigrants
- White House recognizes 5 Arizona educators for math, science teaching
- Two Valley cities ranked in top 10 least green cities in America
- WalletHub ranks Scottsdale as top foodie city in Arizona
- Scottsdale-based Harkins Theatres offering popcorn in stores