Arkansas man pleads not guilty in fake bomb case
Feb 24, 2012, 5:20 PM
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (AP) – A man accused of strapping what he said was a bomb to an elderly woman’s ankle and then trying to force her to withdraw money from a bank has pleaded not guilty to robbery, kidnapping and firearms charges.
Prosecutor John Threet says a judge appointed a public defender to represent Paul Bradley. An attorney hasn’t been assigned to his case yet.
Bradley was arrested last month after authorities say he tried to extort money from the woman and her husband. Prosecutors allege Bradley attached what the woman believed was a bomb to her ankle. The device turned out to be fake.
Bradley is being held at the Washington County jail on $100,000 bond. Threet says the judge set Bradley’s trial date for April 24.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)