There used to be an Arizona promotional campaign that reminded the rest of the world that the Grand Canyon State is also known for the five “C’s:” citrus, copper, climate, cotton and cattle.
Those are still important to the economy but in 2013, we must add a sixth, computers, because we are becoming a technology haven.
However, many feel that it will not be long before we have to add a seventh “C” for chardonnay, only one of the many varietal and wine blends created all across the state.
The wine industry is far from being an overnight business venture but vintner Sam Pillsbury said he’s in it for the long haul. He may also want to add an eighth for cinema, since he’s a long-time movie maker.
But for now, the question is, what’s it like to make wine in Arizona?
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier