What’s it like living with depression? Better than not living because of depression.
A close friend of mine was seemingly the least suicidal person I had ever known, but one night he shot himself to death. It was only then we discovered he suffered from clinical depression.
I have another friend who in the past asked himself if staying alive was worth it for the same clinical reason. He doesn’t have those thoughts anymore because of therapy.
He does talk about his condition, his mental illness, openly on the radio — Rob and Karie, 1-3 p.m — every afternoon on 92.3 KTAR. He’s Rob and he’s the latest to answer the question, What’s It Like? on KTAR.com.
- Calls to Tempe hotline increase after suicides of Spade, Bourdain
- Linkin Park dedicates music video to Phoenix native Chester Bennington
- Arizona sun may spur summer SAD, a rare, lonely depression
- Taking a look back at the storied career of Pat McMahon
- KTAR to honor broadcaster Pat McMahon with ‘Tip of the Hat to Pat’ roast