2013 included just about everything you could expect from a year, from the tragic stories to the uplifting, to the obsession with trials and pop culture.
This year made me realize that this country is going backwards. We live in a world where Kimye’s baby’s name is more in the news than politics. We seemed to get outraged at just about everything that was slightly offensive and take to social media to vent.
It wasn’t all bad this year because there were some really good things that happened. Batkid is one of my favorite moments of 2013. I don’t think it gets any better than that story.
What was your biggest news story of the year?
- Lyft names most popular drop-off spots in Phoenix area
- Arizona Supreme Court rejects Medicaid expansion challenge
- Put out that cigarette: Smoke-free apartments are trending in Arizona
- If you’re mad about news bias on Facebook, just go to a real news website
- Super cool piano is star of Super Mario video medley