It was quite a week of news, and these are the most talked about stories of the week:
Phillip Seymour Hoffman is dead at age 46. It’s a sad, true-life story about addiction, one Hoffman struggled with for most of his life having been through a few stints in rehab. His first was at age 22.
George Zimmerman makes the list again because of his celebrity boxing match and his just announced partner, DMX. Who is going to watch this? Is it even on TV?
Lastly, it’s time for the Winter Olympics. However, the main storyline this week is how unprepared Sochi seems to be for their moment in the spotlight. I wasn’t worried about going over there because of the terrorism, but I am worried about the toilets.
Editor’s Note: Breaking News. Breaking good news. The fight between Zimmerman and DMX has been canceled. And no, not because one of them was arrested. Someone finally figured out the fight wasn’t the best idea.
- Lyft names most popular drop-off spots in Phoenix area
- Put out that cigarette: Smoke-free apartments are trending in Arizona
- If you’re mad about news bias on Facebook, just go to a real news website
- Auctioneer pulls listing for George Zimmerman gun used to kill Trayvon Martin
- Super cool piano is star of Super Mario video medley