I’ve always wanted to head to Mardi Gras down in New Orleans.
Sure, there are bars in Arizona that try to celebrate the holiday, but that’s like marking Christmas in China. I’d still have a good time but it’s not the same.
However, I would hate to be a cop on Mardi Gras. Everyone drinks sugar concoctions loaded with whatever kind of booze is handy, meaning their behavior after about six of those isn’t stellar. If you’re a cop, you might as well enjoy the madness. I found one who did.
I also found a really, really mean prank played by Jeff Gordon on an unsuspecting journalist. He screams. A lot.
Finally, I live in Arizona for a few reasons, but one of those is a lack of snow. If only this Philly-based reporter could figure that out.
- KTAR News earns first, second places for journalism at AP awards
- Southern Arizona park to receive $4M upgrade to stay open overnight
- Southern Arizona police officer dies; suspect in custody
- Glendale officer released from hospital after being shot, injured
- Arizona Rep. Biggs calls for VA Secretary Shulkin’s resignation