I’ve always wanted to head to Mardi Gras down in New Orleans.
Sure, there are bars in Arizona that try to celebrate the holiday, but that’s like marking Christmas in China. I’d still have a good time but it’s not the same.
However, I would hate to be a cop on Mardi Gras. Everyone drinks sugar concoctions loaded with whatever kind of booze is handy, meaning their behavior after about six of those isn’t stellar. If you’re a cop, you might as well enjoy the madness. I found one who did.
I also found a really, really mean prank played by Jeff Gordon on an unsuspecting journalist. He screams. A lot.
Finally, I live in Arizona for a few reasons, but one of those is a lack of snow. If only this Philly-based reporter could figure that out.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- Report: Driver in Mardi Gras parade accelerated before crash
- Gilbert police accused of hitting pregnant woman
- It’s Mardi Gras! Here are the best places to celebrate Fat Tuesday in the Phoenix area
- The Latest: Man dies after falling from truck onto rebar
- The Latest: Mardi Gras reveler: ‘People can act like fools’