Politicians have been debating immigration for years. Recently, the debate — or should I say, stage show — has picked up again because of an influx of Central American children.
So far, politicians have spoken about immigration and the need for border security. Action has been much harder to come by as elections are on the horizon. This show is exactly what the politicians want: Look at me. Listen to what I am saying.
And that’s exactly what many voters do. Look. Listen. Vote. Because elections are show business after all.
Action? Who needs action?
In this video I explore the immigration stage show and who stars in it.
- 1965 Immigration Act, presented as symbolic, changed nation
- Texas birth certificate denials for US-born kids get hearing
- Faith in Humanity: Valley city offers homeless portable showers to get jobs
- Tempe, Ariz. councilwoman sues state over bill blocking plastic bag ban
- Australia to deport American anti-abortion activist