Politicians have been debating immigration for years. Recently, the debate — or should I say, stage show — has picked up again because of an influx of Central American children.
So far, politicians have spoken about immigration and the need for border security. Action has been much harder to come by as elections are on the horizon. This show is exactly what the politicians want: Look at me. Listen to what I am saying.
And that’s exactly what many voters do. Look. Listen. Vote. Because elections are show business after all.
Action? Who needs action?
In this video I explore the immigration stage show and who stars in it.
- Rep. Schweikert wants investigations to determine accused politicians’ fate
- US declares NKorea a terror sponsor; new sanctions expected
- New allegation against Franken, this time met with silence
- Chance The Rapper plays clueless hockey reporter in SNL skit
- Moore scandal illustrates risks of close relationship between religion, politics