Politicians have been debating immigration for years. Recently, the debate — or should I say, stage show — has picked up again because of an influx of Central American children.
So far, politicians have spoken about immigration and the need for border security. Action has been much harder to come by as elections are on the horizon. This show is exactly what the politicians want: Look at me. Listen to what I am saying.
And that’s exactly what many voters do. Look. Listen. Vote. Because elections are show business after all.
Action? Who needs action?
In this video I explore the immigration stage show and who stars in it.
- Ned Foster calls it a career, signs off after 26 years on KTAR News
- Thousands of children crossed US-Mexico border in October
- Arizona, national driving deaths on the rise after sharp drops in 2014
- Sanders outlines plan to overhaul immigration laws
- Clinton: Saying ‘illegal immigrants’ was poor word choice