Short Takes is a video feature where you get to ask a host or reporter about a topic in the news and they’ll give you their take on it.
A new report says in its first week, there were more Facebook interactions about the 2014 World Cup than there were about this year’s Oscars, Super Bowl and Winter Olympics combined.
Specifically, 141 million people had 459 million interactions (posts, comments and likes) about the soccer tournament from June 12-18 on Facebook. Geographically, the most World Cup Facebook conversations are happening in the tournament’s base of Brazil, with the United States in second place followed by the United Kingdom, Indonesia and Mexico.
Here is Rob Hunter, from the Rob & Karie show on News/Talk 92.3 KTAR, on the World Cup being bigger on Facebook than any other event in history:
If you have a question for one of our hosts on News/Talk 92.3 KTAR or Arizona Sports, now on 98.7 FM, just email your name and question to
email@example.com. You can even ask your question with a short video. Simply attach it to your email.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development