Short Takes is a new feature on KTAR.com where you get to ask any of our hosts, reporters or personalities about something in the news and they’ll give you their take on it.
Macy’s is breaking a 155-year-old tradition and is going to be opening their doors for the first time ever on Thanksgiving. Target, Walmart and many other retailers also plan to open ahead of Black Friday as they have for the past few years.
Kmart recently announced that they will open their doors at 6 a.m. on Thanksgiving.
Mary Weber wanted to know whether Rob Hunter, of Rob & Karie on News/Talk 92.3 KTAR, thought opening at the crack of dawn on Thanksgiving Day was a good idea since that means there’s no holiday for shoppers or employees.
Here is Rob’s take, and also why he’s not a fan of Thanksgiving:
If you have a question for one of our hosts on News/Talk 92.3 KTAR, Arizona Sports 620 or 98.7 The Peak, just email your name and question to
firstname.lastname@example.org. You can even ask your question with a short video. Simply attach it to your email.
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain