Short Takes is a new feature on KTAR.com where you get to ask any of our hosts, reporters or personalities about something in the news and they’ll give you their take on it.
Macy’s is breaking a 155-year-old tradition and is going to be opening their doors for the first time ever on Thanksgiving. Target, Walmart and many other retailers also plan to open ahead of Black Friday as they have for the past few years.
Kmart recently announced that they will open their doors at 6 a.m. on Thanksgiving.
Mary Weber wanted to know whether Rob Hunter, of Rob & Karie on News/Talk 92.3 KTAR, thought opening at the crack of dawn on Thanksgiving Day was a good idea since that means there’s no holiday for shoppers or employees.
Here is Rob’s take, and also why he’s not a fan of Thanksgiving:
If you have a question for one of our hosts on News/Talk 92.3 KTAR, Arizona Sports 620 or 98.7 The Peak, just email your name and question to
email@example.com. You can even ask your question with a short video. Simply attach it to your email.
- Three Kmart locations, 1 Sears store in Arizona to close early this year
- 2,000 DUI arrests made in Arizona between Thanksgiving, Christmas
- Tips and tricks for stress-free holiday air travel
- Arizona reports slight jump in number of Thanksgiving weekend DUI arrests
- Phoenix-area food bank’s truck stolen on Thanksgiving Day