Jodi Arias was convicted of first-degree murder in May for the 2008 killing of her one-time boyfriend Travis Alexander, but jurors couldn’t reach a decision on a sentence.
Under Arizona law, while her murder conviction stands, prosecutors have the option of putting on a second penalty phase with a new jury in an effort to secure a death sentence.
If the second panel fails to reach a unanimous decision, the death penalty will be removed from consideration. The judge would then sentence Arias to spend her entire life behind bars or to be eligible for release after 25 years.
Andrew Newman emailed
email@example.com and wanted to know whether Monica Lindstrom, co-host of The Agenda and legal expert on Mac & Gaydos on News/Talk 92.3 KTAR, thought there was a possibly that Jodi Arias could one day walk free.
Here’s Monica’s take:
If you have a question for one of our hosts on News/Talk 92.3 KTAR or Arizona Sports Now on 98.7 FM just email your name and question to
firstname.lastname@example.org. You can even ask your question with a short video. Simply attach it to your email.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.