The death penalty is always a controversial subject that polarizes the masses into “eye for an eye” arguments.
Joseph Rudolph Wood was executed on July 23. His execution took 117 minutes. I tend to go back and forth on the death penalty, however, the execution took too long in my opinion. I’m not sure the death penalty applies in every case, but I’m sure it shouldn’t last almost two hours.
In this video, I explain why I’m an advocate for bringing back the firing squad. I also explore who else still executes prisoners and where the U.S. ranks in totals around the world. Hint: We are not in good company.
- Arizona man reels in fish with human-like teeth at a Tucson lake
- Families of Florence children exposed to tear gas file lawsuit against state
- Main Street Minute: Food delivery service goPuff launches in Flagstaff
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona-related stories from this past weekend
- Former Mill Avenue arcade bar Endgame gets new spot, to reopen