The death penalty is always a controversial subject that polarizes the masses into “eye for an eye” arguments.
Joseph Rudolph Wood was executed on July 23. His execution took 117 minutes. I tend to go back and forth on the death penalty, however, the execution took too long in my opinion. I’m not sure the death penalty applies in every case, but I’m sure it shouldn’t last almost two hours.
In this video, I explain why I’m an advocate for bringing back the firing squad. I also explore who else still executes prisoners and where the U.S. ranks in totals around the world. Hint: We are not in good company.
- Ned Foster calls it a career, signs off after 26 years on KTAR News
- Arizona, national driving deaths on the rise after sharp drops in 2014
- Weekend Valley freeway travel advisory for Nov. 13-16
- Pope presses reform agenda amid new Vatican scandal
- The trials of Sheriff Joe Arpaio: Expert legal opinions