The death penalty is always a controversial subject that polarizes the masses into “eye for an eye” arguments.
Joseph Rudolph Wood was executed on July 23. His execution took 117 minutes. I tend to go back and forth on the death penalty, however, the execution took too long in my opinion. I’m not sure the death penalty applies in every case, but I’m sure it shouldn’t last almost two hours.
In this video, I explain why I’m an advocate for bringing back the firing squad. I also explore who else still executes prisoners and where the U.S. ranks in totals around the world. Hint: We are not in good company.
- Tucson man arrested, charged with luring minor in Florence
- Country Thunder music festival to kick off in Arizona on Thursday
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona-related stories from past weekend
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest news stories from St. Patrick’s Day weekend
- Arizona Rep. Biggs calls for VA Secretary Shulkin’s resignation