The 3-D animated film Turbo follows the life of a garden snail that has an affinity for speed. His obsession with all things fast gets him into some trouble as he goes on a journey in hopes of becoming the world’s greatest racer.
This film is as predictable as predictable gets, but it is also a fun movie for the kids that will have them laughing throughout. Now this film isn’t groundbreaking by any means and is basically a mix of Cars and A Bug’s life.
But if you are looking for some good family fun this summer you really can’t go wrong with Turbo.
- Special Bruce St. James, Pamela Hughes show to focus on gun violence
- Intense third act struggles to save clunky hero tale ‘The 15:17 to Paris’
- Witty ‘Peter Rabbit’ feels a little too thin to satisfy the kids
- This 90-second video about a blue marble will capture your attention
- YouTube animator debuts yearlong ‘pop culture typography’ project